If you are planning your wedding in Brisbane, you more than likely will want someone to take your photos for you. However, with all the things that you have to do for your wedding, it can be a daunting task to try and find the right wedding photographer in all the chaos. This is why it is important to know the right questions to ask in order to make the task a little less stressful.
Hiring a wedding photographer in Brisbane is a very vital step in the planning of any wedding because the photos are going to document one of the most important days of anyone's life this is why it is important to hire a photographer that matches what your needs are.
Below are questions that will help make the task of finding a Brisbane wedding photographer easier:
- What is their style of photography? - Often times a photographer will specialize in a certain style of photography like portraits, candid shots, artistic shots, traditional posed, formal and even photo journalistic. A good thing you can do is to clip out some pictures of weddings in a magazine that is similar to what you are looking for.
- Do they take photos in a digital format? - If they shoot in this format it is going to make the photographer a lot more flexible when it comes to editing and adding special effects that you might want. Plus they can give you a CD or an online portfolio of shots almost right after the wedding.
- Do they allow a list of shots that you want them to take? - Even though you want a photographer to use their professionally trained eye, you still want what you want of the wedding. Besides, you should be little leery of a photographer who won't let you put in requests.
- Do they have any other events booked for the same date as the wedding? Do they foresee any conflicts? - If they happen to already have something booked for the same date as the wedding make sure they can give you a guarantee in writing that it won't get in the way of your wedding.
- How many weddings have they done before? How many were similar to the style and size of your wedding? - This is very valuable info about the photographer because you want someone who understands all the challenges of weddings similar to your own.
- Ask if they have a portfolio or samples of their work. - The samples will probably be what helps you to decide on whether or not to hire them.
- Ask if they offer special packages that covers certain parts of the wedding. - For instance do they have a package that might include some special shots of the groomsmen playing a round of golf together or shots of the bridesmaid luncheon, the rehearsal dinner and so on.
- Do they charge for the entire event or per photo package? - You need to know this to help you figure out whether it will fit in the budget or not.
- Do they have a written agreement that describes their pricing and their terms of service? - It is vital you get everything in writing. One who does this is a true professional and you should feel good about.
- Ask for references. - A good photographer is going to be proud of their work and will have no problem with providing you with customer testimonials in order to give them credibility for their work.
By using these questions as a guideline, it should making your task of finding a wedding photographer a lot easier.